Position: Welder | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic Welder to join MTB’s team.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 100,000 sq. ft. of interior workspace in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP plan and vacation time for full-time permanent employees.
As our new Welder, you’ll never have a shortage of interesting and variable work. Using MIG welding techniques, you’ll rebuild and attach components on transit buses
and highway coaches. You’ll examine pieces for defects and work within tight tolerances to ensure that all components conform to specifications. You’ll also cut out damaged, rusted or corroded metals and fit, align and weld new sections into place, using mild steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Working with tight tolerance and ensuring highly accurate measurements and fittings
- Inspect pieces and components for damage and corrosion, and fit/weld replacement sections
- Fitting and installing various new or re-built components
- Using MIG welding stations, drill presses, grinder and air extractors
- Trained and experienced MIG Welder using mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Experience setting up and operating MIG welding stations, drill presses, grinders, and air extractors according to product specifications and safety regulations
- A knowledge of proper welding procedures and processes to meet CWB Certification
- Experience welding in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- A CWB Welding Certificate in Aluminum and Mild Steel is preferred
- Canadian resident
- Safety oriented mind-set
- Acute attention to detail
- Job task planning and organizing
- Self motivated, persistent and flexible
- Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required
Working with MTB
We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees.
Some more details you might want to know:
- Our facility is just off the Highway 401 in Milton – easy commuter access.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM – no nights or weekends!!!!
- Work indoors during cold winter months
MTB values diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are looking to hire and will be contacting qualified applicants within a few days of your application.
Wages: $22 – $25/hour